Sweetbaum Miller enjoys a well earned reputation for excellence when it comes to representing our clients in litigation and transactional matters and is committed to achieving favorable results for our clients. We take the practice of law seriously. Our Litigation Department is comprised of experienced trial attorneys, many of whom have taken more cases to trial than most of their peers at other civil litigation firms. We work diligently to create the most favorable environment for a cost effective resolution of disputes via mediation or informal settlement negotiations whenever possible, and when settlement is not an option, represent our clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings, in State and Federal courts, before administrative and regulatory agencies, and in arbitration settings, with strong and professional advocacy. With comprehensive discovery, witness and trial preparation, legal research and advocacy, from the start of a case all the way through trial and appellate proceedings, our clients’ legal matters receive the attention of our entire team of dedicated professionals.
The firm’s primary practice areas include:
- Litigation of corporate, commercial, real estate, construction defect, mechanic’s lien and title insurance claims.
- Real estate acquisitions, sales, development, zoning and land use.
- Commercial loans and financing transactions.
- Commercial real estate leasing, property management and real estate brokerage.
- Construction agreements and commercial contracts.
- Asset and stock based transactions, including business mergers and acquisitions.
- Entity formation and maintenance for corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and joint ventures.
- Commercial loan foreclosures and receiverships.
- Representation of homeowner associations.