Mark Kaplan is Special Counsel with Sweetbaum Miller. He represents clients in complex business and commercial real estate transactions, including joint ventures, business acquisitions and sales, and the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and disposition of properties. He has extensive experience with retail, office, industrial, mixed-use and health care projects. Mr. Kaplan previously served as in-house counsel at a national big box home improvement retailer where he handled transactions for the acquisition, leasing, development and construction of stores and distribution centers throughout the United States. He also served as in-house counsel at a national dialysis company where he negotiated transactions for the development and construction of dialysis centers throughout the country. In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Kaplan spent time as a real estate developer where he developed Target and Wal-Mart anchored shopping centers. Mr. Kaplan also served as an adjunct professor at Emory University School of Law where he taught classes in negotiating, managing and documenting business transactions.
Admitted to Practice:
- Duke University School of Law
- Bucknell University
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell
- Volunteer at MaxFund Animal Adoption and Rehabilitation Center
- Represented developer in the construction and leasing of a transit oriented mixed-use project.
- Represent national insurance company in its role as a commercial real estate lender.
- Represent restaurant group in connection with its business and real estate needs.
- Represented supermarket operator in the sale of a portfolio of more than 100 grocery stores.
- Represented client in the sale of a large liquor store business.
- Represent doctors in negotiating leases for medical practice offices.